Wednesday 2 November 2016

CAMP

I was stuck. Hanging off a thin strip of wood. Using only my fingertips to hoist myself up, I pushed using all the upper body strength I had. I suddenly felt a painful jab in the palm of my hand. I took my hand off the wobbly wood, and looked at it. I suddenly realised, that I had done one of the stupidest thing in life’s history. I fell feet first into the muddy water, thought to have a massive eel claiming the very confidence course as it’s own territory.


On the way down, I whacked my chin on the edge of the wooden slab, leaving a red mark. I found that the water wasn’t deep at all! Suddenly, I started to sink. I looked up at the other children bassing over the slab of wood. The mud that was pulling me down, felt like jelly, forming back together as I stepped. I felt like this is where I belonged. I watched Icea pass over the tires. I wished I could stay down in the mud forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment